Search for COVID-19 and Reopening Information Here
Testing and Contact Tracing in New Jersey
Our first responders and health care workers are saving lives every day – and so can you. Your family, your friends, your neighbors – their lives are literally in your hands. So here's how you can do your part:
- Get Vaccinated - Everyone 5 years or older is eligible for a COVID-19 vaccine in New Jersey and encouraged to get vaccinated as soon as possible. COVID-19 vaccines are safe and highly effective at preventing you from getting sick. They are one of the most important tools to ending the COVID-19 pandemic and getting back to what you love. Appointments and walk-in vaccinations are available near you. Learn more.
- Get Tested – Testing is now available to all New Jerseyans. You could have COVID-19 and not even know it. Protect yourself and save the lives of your loved ones and neighbors by getting tested – especially if you have COVID-19 symptoms after being exposed, have been in close contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19 and are not fully vaccinated or recently recovered, you were recently in a large gathering where social distancing was hard to maintain and are not fully vaccinated or recently recovered, or if you must travel and are not fully vaccinated.
- Answer The Phone When A Contact Tracer Calls – You've been called because you tested positive for COVID-19 or may have come into close contact with someone who has. Contact tracers are calling with life-saving information that will keep you, your loved ones, and your community healthy.
- Add Your Phone to the COVID Fight. Download the COVID Alert NJ App - The app is New Jersey's free and secure mobile app that anonymously alerts users if they have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19. COVID Alert NJ uses Bluetooth proximity technology, never records any identifying data, and all users will remain anonymous. Download the app from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
Below you will find more information about how contact tracing works, where to find free testing, steps we're taking to protect your privacy, and what you can do to help stop the spread of COVID-19.
- How Contact Tracing Saves Lives
Learn more about contact tracing and how it helps stop the spread of COVID-19.
- Get Tested
Learn more about where and how to get tested for COVID-19 in New Jersey.
- Free Pop-Up Testing
Find free pop-up testing sites in COVID-19 hotspots
- Symptom Checker
Use this self-assessment tool to help find out what you should do to protect yourself and your loved ones.
- Download the COVID Alert NJ App
Learn more about how New Jersey's official exposure notification app helps protect you and your loved ones while ensuring your privacy, and how it differs from traditional contact tracing.
- Answer The Call - Stop COVID-19
Learn why it's so important to answer your phone when a contact tracer calls as well as what you will and will NOT be asked.
- Protecting Your Privacy
Learn how the State is protecting your data and privacy in its contact tracing program.
- Work As A Contact Tracer
Learn more about how you can work as a contact tracer and help save lives.
- Correcting Rumors and Misinformation
Learn what false rumors and disinformation are circulating about COVID-19 and get the facts.