Search for COVID-19 Information Here
Testing and Contact Tracing in New Jersey
Our first responders and health care workers are saving lives every day – and so can you. Your family, your friends, your neighbors – their lives are literally in your hands. So here's how you can do your part:
- Get a Booster – Studies show immunity wanes over time with COVID-19 vaccines, increasing the risk of getting a breakthrough infection and spreading it to others. To protect yourself and your loved ones, get a booster shot at any vaccination location. Everyone 6 months of age and older should get an updated COVID-19 bivalent booster that targets the Omicron variant, if it has been at least two months since your most recent booster or primary series. Learn more.
- Get Vaccinated - Everyone 6 months or older is eligible for a COVID-19 vaccine in New Jersey and encouraged to get vaccinated as soon as possible. COVID-19 vaccines are safe and highly effective at preventing you from getting sick. They are one of the most important tools to ending the COVID-19 pandemic and getting back to what you love. Appointments and walk-in vaccinations are available near you. Learn more.
- Get Tested – Testing is available to everyone in New Jersey. It's especially important to get tested if you have COVID-19 symptoms, have been in close contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19, are in high-risk settings where screening testing is implemented, plan to be in contact with someone at high risk for severe illness from COVID-19, or have plans for travel. Find a testing location near you.
- Answer The Phone When A Contact Tracer Calls – You've been called because you tested positive for COVID-19 or may have come into close contact with someone who has. Contact tracers are calling with life-saving information that will keep you, your loved ones, and your community healthy.
Below you will find more information about how contact tracing works, where to find free testing, steps we're taking to protect your privacy, and what you can do to help stop the spread of COVID-19.
- How Contact Tracing Saves Lives
Learn more about contact tracing and how it helps stop the spread of COVID-19.
- Get Tested
Learn more about where and how to get tested for COVID-19 in New Jersey.
- Free Pop-Up Testing
Find free pop-up testing sites in COVID-19 hotspots
- Answer The Call - Stop COVID-19
Learn why it's so important to answer your phone when a contact tracer calls as well as what you will and will NOT be asked.
- Protecting Your Privacy
Learn how the State is protecting your data and privacy in its contact tracing program.
- Correcting Rumors and Misinformation
Learn what false rumors and disinformation are circulating about COVID-19 and get the facts.