Search for COVID-19 Information Here
Should I get tested if I do not have symptoms of COVID-19?
You could have COVID-19 and not even know it.
Protect yourself, your loved ones, and your community by getting tested for COVID-19. Testing is widely available and open to everyone in New Jersey.
Visit covid19.nj.gov/testing to find a testing location near you.
It's especially important to get tested if:
- You have COVID-19 symptoms, regardless of your vaccination status or if you recently recovered from COVID-19 in the last 90 days. Test immediately.
- You have been in close contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19. Wait at least 5 full days after your exposure and test on day 6.
- You are in high-risk settings where screening testing is implemented.
- You plan to be in contact with someone at high risk for severe illness from COVID-19, especially if you are in an area with a CDC COVID-19 Community Level in Medium or High.
- You have plans for travel. It is recommended to get tested with a viral test no more than 3 days before travel.