Search for COVID-19 and Reopening Information Here
How can I volunteer for COVID-19 response efforts? How can I help the State?
Our first responders and health care workers are saving lives every day -- so can you.
Your family, your friends, your neighbors -- their lives are literally in your hands.
Here's how you can do your part and save lives:
- Volunteer in your community, by registering here.
- Become a volunteer advocate for nursing home residents. Learn more.
- Donate blood or antibodies, learn more here.
- Join the Medical Reserve Corps. New Jersey is calling on retired health care professionals with vaccination skills to volunteer with the Medical Reserve Corps. Register here.
- Become a contact tracer, by registering here.
- Donate PPE (personal protective equipment) like N95 respirators, face shields, and other equipment, by visiting covid19.nj.gov/ppedonations
- Wear a Mask - Always wear a mask over your nose and mouth in public spaces, and anywhere that you cannot keep 6 feet of distance from another person.
- Keep a Social Distance - Keep six feet between yourself and others whenever possible and avoid crowded areas.
- Get Tested – Testing is now available to everyone in New Jersey. You could have COVID-19 and not even know it. Protect yourself and save the lives of your loved ones by getting tested – especially if you have symptoms, have been in close contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19, are an essential worker, were recently in a large crowd where social distancing was hard to maintain, or recently travelled to an area or a state with high COVID-19 infection rates. Learn how and where to get tested at covid19.nj.gov/testing
- Answer The Phone When A Contact Tracer Calls – You've been called because you either tested positive for COVID-19 or have been in close contact with someone who has – so it's critical you answer the phone. Contact tracers are calling with life-saving information that will keep you, your loved ones, and your community safe and healthy. Learn how contact tracing saves lives at covid19.nj.gov/testandtrace
- Add Your Phone to the COVID Fight. Download the COVID Alert NJ App - The app is New Jersey's free and secure mobile app that anonymously alerts users if they have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19. COVID Alert NJ uses Bluetooth proximity technology, never records any identifying data, and all users will remain anonymous. Download the app from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
For more information, visit our How You Can Help New Jersey page.
- Sign the One New Jersey Pledge and help stop the spread of COVID-19 by committing to follow health and safety guidelines during New Jersey's restart and recovery. Download posters with your commitment to customers and to employees.
- Donate PPE (personal protective equipment) like N95 respirators, face shields, and other equipment, by visiting covid19.nj.gov/ppedonations.