Search for COVID-19 and Reopening Information Here
How can I volunteer for COVID-19 response efforts? How can I help the State?
Our first responders and health care workers are saving lives every day -- so can you.
Your family, your friends, your neighbors -- their lives are literally in your hands.
Here's how you can do your part and save lives:
- Get Tested – Testing is now available to everyone in New Jersey. You could have COVID-19 and not even know it. Protect yourself and save the lives of your loved ones by getting tested – especially if you have symptoms, have been in close contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19, are an essential worker, were recently in a large crowd where social distancing was hard to maintain, or recently travelled to an area or a state with high COVID-19 infection rates. Learn how and where to get tested at covid19.nj.gov/testing
- Answer The Phone When A Contact Tracer Calls – You've been called because you either tested positive for COVID-19 or have been in close contact with someone who has – so it's critical you answer the phone. Contact tracers are calling with life-saving information that will keep you, your loved ones, and your community safe and healthy. Learn how contact tracing saves lives at covid19.nj.gov/testandtrace
- Add Your Phone to the COVID Fight. Download the COVID Alert NJ App - The app is New Jersey's free and secure mobile app that anonymously alerts users if they have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19. COVID Alert NJ uses Bluetooth proximity technology, never records any identifying data, and all users will remain anonymous. Download the app from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- Wear a Mask - Always wear a mask over your nose and mouth in public spaces, and anywhere that you cannot keep 6 feet of distance from another person.
- Keep a Social Distance - Keep six feet between yourself and others whenever possible and avoid crowded areas.
- Volunteer in your community, by registering here.
- Become a contact tracer, by registering here.
- Donate PPE (personal protective equipment) like N95 respirators, face shields, and other equipment, by visiting covid19.nj.gov/ppedonations
- Donate blood or antibodies, learn more here.
For more information, visit our How You Can Help New Jersey page.
- Sign the One New Jersey Pledge and help stop the spread of COVID-19 by committing to follow health and safety guidelines during New Jersey's restart and recovery. Download posters with your commitment to customers and to employees.
- Donate PPE (personal protective equipment) like N95 respirators, face shields, and other equipment, by visiting covid19.nj.gov/ppedonations.
- Volunteer as a tech professional or firm, by registering at covid19.nj.gov/tech.