Search for COVID-19 and Reopening Information Here
Are airports, bridges, and tunnels open?
NOTICE TO TRAVELERS:
- New Jersey's travel advisory is no longer in effect. The CDC, however, has recommendations for both vaccinated and unvaccinated travelers. Travelers leaving New Jersey should check with the travel destination and transportation carrier to see if there are additional health and safety protocols or requirements. Travelers should also check with their employers, schools, and other entities that may have quarantine policies for individuals returning from travel. Currently, the CDC recommends delaying travel until you are fully vaccinated. For more information, refer to the CDC's guidance for domestic travel.
- All air passengers two years of age or older, regardless of vaccination status, must show a negative COVID-19 test taken no more than 1 day before boarding a flight from a foreign country to the United States. If you recently recovered from COVID-19, you may instead travel with proper documentation of recovery from COVID-19.
- If you are not a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, lawful permanent resident, or immigrant, you must be fully vaccinated to travel to the United States by plane. Limited exceptions apply. For more information, refer to the CDC's guidance for international travel.
- International travelers should also refer to guidance published by the CDC and check the CDC's COVID-19 travel recommendations by destination. Many countries are categorized as a Level-4 high COVID-19 risk, and the CDC recommends avoiding all travel to these countries.
- With exceptions, additional travel restrictions have been placed on specific individuals who were physically present in the following countries during the 14-day period preceding their entry: Botswana, Eswatini, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, and Zimbabwe. For more information, including exceptions, refer to the CDC's page on the entry restrictions.
Airports remain open and air travel continues. Travellers must wear face coverings at airport terminals, PATH stations and trains, AirTrain stations and trains, and bus terminals.
For flights, cancellations, or rerouting, please contact your airline directly for the latest information.
Bridges and Tunnels
Bridges and tunnels remain open.
Cash toll collection has been temporarily restored at the Lincoln Tunnel and upper level of the George Washington Bridge. Drivers using cash must use a staffed toll lane, and are encouraged to wear a face covering and use exact change to minimize contact.
Cashless tolling was activated at the Holland Tunnel on December 23, 2020. Drivers without an E-ZPass account will have images of their license plate captured by overhead cameras, and a bill for the toll amount will be sent by mail.
There are no changes to the toll operations at the Port Authority's three Staten Island crossings (the Goethals and Bayonne bridges and Outerbridge Crossing) and the George Washington Bridge's Lower Level and Palisades Interstate Parkway toll lanes, which are also permanently cashless.
Discount programs that require in-person administration by toll attendants, such as the carpool discount program, are reinstated at the upper level of the George Washington Bridge and the Lincoln Tunnel while those toll booths are staffed.
Source: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/travel-in-the-us.html; https://nj.gov/infobank/eo/056murphy/pdf/EO-107.pdf; https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices/warning/coronavirus-global; https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/travel-in-the-us.html; https://www.panynj.gov/port-authority/en/alerts/coronavirus-updates.html