Search for COVID-19 and Reopening Information Here
Where, how, and when can I get vaccinated?
All individuals aged 16 and older who live, work, or study in New Jersey are eligible for COVID-19 vaccines.
There are multiple ways to get an appointment including:
- Use the NJ Vaccine Appointment Finder to find vaccination locations near you with available appointments.
- Visit a megasite for a walk-in vaccination. No appointment needed. Learn more below.
- Register with the NJ Vaccine Scheduling System to be notified when an appointment is available to you at vaccine locations that use the State's Vaccine Scheduling System.
- Seniors 65+ can call the senior-specific hotline at 856-249-7007 from 8am to 8pm to schedule dedicated vaccine appointments
- Veterans, their spouses, and their caregivers may be eligible for vaccines through the VA. Learn more here.
Please note that an appointment may not be immediately available to you due to limited vaccine availability.
Note: Please verify requirements with a vaccination site before visiting or making an appointment. Some require proof of residency within a specific county or municipality. In addition, 16 and 17-year-olds must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian to be vaccinated, and can only receive the Pfizer vaccine at this time under the FDA's Emergency Use Authorization.
NJ TRANSIT's VAXRIDE initiative is offering free rides to and from vaccination sites. For more information on the program and public transit options near vaccine locations, visit NJ TRANSIT's VAXRIDE initiative page.
All six vaccine megasites are open for walk-in vaccinations during select times. No appointment needed.
- Atlantic County Megasite (Atlantic City Convention Center, 1 Convention Boulevard, Atlantic City): 9 am to 4 pm, Monday to Sunday with some exceptions listed below
- Bergen County Megasite (Racetrack at Meadowlands, 1 Racetrack Drive, East Rutherford): 8 am to 12 pm, Monday to Sunday
- Burlington County Megasite (Moorestown Mall, 400 NJ-38, Moorestown): 9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Sunday
- Gloucester County Megasite (Rowan College of South Jersey, 1400 Tanyard Road, Sewell): 8 am to 12 pm and 2 pm to 6 pm, Monday to Sunday with some exceptions listed below
- Middlesex County Megasite (New Jersey Convention and Exposition Center, 97 Sunfield Avenue, Edison): 8 am to 12 pm, Monday to Sunday
- Morris County Megasite (Rockaway Townsquare, 301 Mt. Hope Avenue, Rockaway): 8 am to 12 pm, Monday to Sunday
In addition, beginning May 11, walk-in vaccinations are available every day from 10am to 5pm at the FEMA Vaccination Center in Newark (NJ Institute of Technology, Naimoli Family Athletic & Recreational Facility, 56 Lock Street, Newark).
Walk-in vaccinations are also available at the Pleasantville Recreation Center (400 Brighton Avenue, Pleasantville) from 8am to 1 pm Wednesday, May 12 through Friday, May 14 and Wednesday, May 19 through Friday, May 21.
Note: Walk-in vaccinations may also be available at other vaccination locations. Check with each site individually to see if they are accepting walk-ins.
Changes to Atlantic County Megasite Schedule
Unless otherwise noted below, walk-in hours are 9 am to 4pm every day, except on:
- Monday, May 10: 8 am to 8 pm
- Wednesday, May 19 to Saturday May 22: 8 am to 12 pm
- Sunday, May 23 to Monday, May 24: Closed
- Sunday, May 30 to Monday, May 31: Closed
Changes to Gloucester County Megasite Schedule
Unless otherwise noted below, walk-in hours are 8 am to 12 pm and 2 pm to 6 pm every day, except on:
- Sunday, May 9: Closed (Mother's Day)
- Tuesday, May 11: 8 am to 12 PM
- Wednesday, May 12: 8 am to 12 PM
- Sunday, May 16 and Monday, May 17: Closed
- Sunday, May 23 and Monday, May 24: Closed
- Friday, May 28: 8 am to 12 PM
- Saturday, May 29 to Monday, May 31 – Closed (Memorial Day Weekend)
Direct Appointments at Designated Sites
Use the NJ Vaccine Appointment Finder to find vaccination locations near you with available appointments.
This tool aggregates information across multiple scheduling platforms, multiple times an hour, letting you know where appointments are open and how you can schedule one
Note: If you make your first dose appointment by booking directly with a vaccine clinic, you should schedule a second dose appointment when you have your first appointment for the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine. If you did not receive a second dose appointment at the time of receiving your first dose, you need to contact the site where you received your first vaccine for assistance scheduling the second dose. Johnson & Johnson's Janssen vaccine only requires a single dose.
NJ Vaccine Scheduling System
All New Jerseyans can schedule an appointment for the vaccine on the NJ Vaccine Scheduling System.
You will be notified when an appointment is available to you through the scheduling system.
If you experience an error, need support with the scheduling system, or need to correct an error, you can complete an online form at covid19.nj.gov/vaccinehelp or call 855-568-0545 for phone support from 8 am to 8 pm. Due to high call volumes, callers are experiencing long wait times.
Note: If you make your first dose appointment through the New Jersey Vaccine Scheduling System, you will receive an automatically scheduled second dose appointment and you will be emailed a confirmation with the details of your second dose appointment for the Pfizer and Moderna vaccine. Johnson & Johnson's Janssen vaccine only requires a single dose.
New Jerseyans aged 65 and older can call a special senior hotline at 856-249-7007 from 8 am to 8 pm for vaccination scheduling support. Dedicated appointment slots are reserved for those aged 65 and older. Appointment availability and scheduling varies by location.
Getting a Vaccine Through a VA Facility
Veterans, spouses and surviving spouses of Veterans, caregivers of Veterans, and recipients of Civilian Health and Medical Program of the Department of Veterans Affairs (CHAMPVA) benefits may be eligible for vaccines through the VA. The best way to stay informed is to sign up online. Your local VA facility will then contact you when they have a vaccine for you. Learn more here.