Search for COVID-19 and Reopening Information Here
Reopening Guidance for Customers and Staff
Last Updated: 01/01/2010
During New Jersey's restart and recovery, customers, staff, and the general public should:
- Wear a face covering over your nose and mouth in public spaces, and anywhere that you cannot keep six feet of distance from another person - New Jerseyans must wear a face covering when entering a business or traveling on public transporation
- Keep six feet between yourself and others whenever possible and avoid crowded areas.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Work from home - Businesses must reduce staff on site to the minimal number necessary and allow staff to work from home when possible.
Below, you can find summarized information of reopening guidance. Reopening businesses can find complete Guidance Kits on Business.NJ.gov.
- Barber Shops, Salons, and Other Personal Care Businesses
- Child Care Centers
- Golf Courses and Driving Ranges
- Gyms (Individual Appointments)
- Horse Racetracks
- Organized Sports
- Pools (Outdoor)
- Parks and Campgrounds
- Public Transportation
- Restaurants (Outdoor Dining)
- Retail Stores and Malls
- Schools, Universities, and Graduation Ceremonies
- Youth Summer Camps