Search for COVID-19 and Reopening Information Here
If I'm a State employee, where can I find information about leave time and health benefits?
The Civil Service Commission has published a general FAQ document that covers a range of information for New Jersey State employees.
Topics covered include:
- Leave rules if you are feeling sick or are diagnosed with COVID-19
- Leave rules regarding family and child care
- Required health documentation for leave matters
- The status of Civil Service Commission activities, events, and meetings
- Miscellaneous leave and health information.
The Civil Service Commission has also published guidelines for State employee leave time and staffing.
Additional information for State and local employees can be found at the NJ Civil Service Commission's COVID-19 update page.
Health Insurance Enrollment For New Hires
Under Executive Order No. 172, any public employee eligible for enrollment into the State Health Benefits Program (SHBP) may immediately enroll upon hire, rather than waiting two months. The order will last for the duration of the emergency and applies to any public employee eligible for enrollment into the SHBP who is hired on or after March 9, 2020.