Search for COVID-19 and Reopening Information Here
Can adult medical daycare centers reopen? What are the safety guidelines?
Last Updated: 06/16/2021
As of June 14, 2021, Adult Medical Daycare Centers can reopen, while following Department of Health safety protocols.
These facilities will need to attest to satisfying the guidance requirements to ensure the centers can be opened safely, including:
- When all participants and staff are fully vaccinated, physical distancing and group size requirements do not need to be maintained
- If ALL participants and staff present during the group activity are fully vaccinated (such as communal dining), participants may choose to have close contact with others without wearing a mask during the activity
- Staff, regardless of vaccination status, shall continue to wear face masks while at work.
- All facilities still must screen staff and participants for fever and other COVID-19 symptoms prior to entry to the facility each day
- During activities where not all staff and participants are vaccinated, individuals should adhere to six feet physical distancing whenever possible; when it is difficult for individuals to remain six feet apart, physical barriers, such as plexiglass, should be considered
- Unless they are fully vaccinated, participants should be encouraged to wear masks when feasible
- The facility should also ensure proper ventilation (i.e. opening windows or doors when doing so does not pose a safety or health risk); facilities should make sure ventilation systems operate properly and increase circulation of outdoor air in facilities and vehicles