Search for COVID-19 and Reopening Information Here
Are offices open? What safety precautions must they take? How do I safely return to work?
Office spaces, as with all workplaces that do not have walk-in customers or products for sale, were never closed.
The requirement that businesses or non-profits accommodate their workforce for telework or work-from-home arrangements, wherever practicable, remains in effect. If you believe your employer is in violation of this requirement, you may report them at covid19.nj.gov/violation.
In addition, at a minimum, businesses must have policies that require individuals to wear face coverings indoors when in close contact with others for long periods of time.
Cleaning and Health Guidance
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has released guidance for businesses to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 by implementing social distancing policies and safety protocols that include:
- Encouraging sick employees to stay home
- Separating sick employees at work and sending them home
- Conducting daily in-person or virtual health checks before employees enter the office
- Altering workspaces to maintain social distancing
- Providing employees with personal protective equipment (PPE) and sanitation materials, such as hand sanitizer
- Frequently cleaning and disinfecting high-touch surfaces according to CDC recommendations
- Conducting a thorough hazard assessment of the workplace to identify potential workplace hazards related to COVID-19
- Educating employees on steps they can take to protect themselves at work and at home including frequently washing their hands, wearing a face covering, and staying home if they are sick
For additional mitigation suggestions, refer to the CDC's guidance for employers and businesses.
FAQs On Unemployment, Worker Health, and Safety Protections
If you are a worker, you can find more information about your benefits, your rights, and any safety concerns you might have here.
If you are an employer or business, you can find more information about unemployment benefits, workplace health and safety guidelines, and more here.