Ask Your COVID-19 Questions Here
What can I do if I’m having child custody issues?
If you are unable to come to an agreement or settle the issue on your own, try seeking mediation.
If immediate and permanent harm will occur if your case isn't heard immediately, you can file your family case as an emergent matter through the State's court system.
You can ask for things like emergency custody, termination of visitation, or temporary prevention of relocation of a child outside of New Jersey. Use the Emergent Application Order to Show Cause and the Model Form for Dissolution, Non-dissolution, and Domestic Violence and email them to the emergent filing mailbox for your county listed below.
Your local court ombudsman is available to answer questions about these and other case types.
NOTE: Until further notice, there are no in-person Municipal Court, Superior Court, and Tax Court proceedings (except for extremely limited emergent matters.) As many matters as possible (including case management conferences, motions, and hearings) will be handled by telephone or video conference. Contact the court if you have questions about a scheduled hearing, motion, conference, or other matter.
Where to Email Your Emergent Filing:
- Atlantic County -- AtlEmergent.Mailbox@njcourts.gov
- Bergen County -- BerEmergent.Mailbox@njcourts.gov
- Burlington County -- BurEmergent.Mailbox@njcourts.gov
- Camden County -- CamEmergent.Mailbox@njcourts.gov
- Cape May County -- CpmEmergent.Mailbox@njcourts.gov
- Cumberland County -- CumEmergent.Mailbox@njcourts.gov
- Essex County -- EsxEmergent.Mailbox@njcourts.gov
- Gloucester County -- GloEmergent.Mailbox@njcourts.gov
- Hudson County -- HudEmergent.Mailbox@njcourts.gov
- Hunterdon County -- HntEmergent.Mailbox@njcourts.gov
- Mercer County -- MerEmergent.Mailbox@njcourts.gov
- Middlesex County -- MidEmergent.Mailbox@njcourts.gov
- Monmouth County -- MonEmergent.Mailbox@njcourts.gov
- Morris County -- MrsEmergent.Mailbox@njcourts.gov
- Ocean County -- OcnEmergent.Mailbox@njcourts.gov
- Passaic County -- PasEmergent.Mailbox@njcourts.gov
- Salem County -- SlmEmergent.Mailbox@njcourts.gov
- Somerset County -- SomEmergent.Mailbox@njcourts.gov
- Sussex County -- SsxEmergent.Mailbox@njcourts.gov
- Union County -- UnnEmergent.Mailbox@njcourts.gov
- Warren County -- WrnEmergent.Mailbox@njcourts.gov