Ask Your COVID-19 Questions Here
Can I charter a boat?
Charter fishing services, for-hire vessels, and watercraft rental businesses can open on Sunday, May 17 at 6 am, while following required social distancing measures.
Charter fishing services and for-hire vessels must adopt policies that include:
- reduced capacity to no more than 25 people on a vessel at any one time;
- electronic or telephone reservation and payment systems;
- no make-up or open boat trips;
- social distancing measures on the vessels and in waiting and boarding areas, including demarcation and signage;
- prohibiting sharing of fishing equipment, bait, and gear;
- limiting the use of nets or gaffs to the crew;
- infection control and hygiene practices;
- providing sanitization materials to passengers and crew;
- frequent sanitization of vessel and high-touch areas;
- The crew and passengers must wear a mask while aboard the vessel;
- prohibiting food and beverage service; and
- briefing all passengers prior to embarking on social distancing, capacity limits, and hygiene requirements.
Watercraft rental businesses will be allowed to reopen so long as they adopt policies consistent with the "curb-side pickup" restrictions.