Search for COVID-19 and Reopening Information Here
What federal grant opportunities are available to support New Jersey governments, institutes, and business communities?
Many grant opportunities are available to a broad spectrum of applicants, including small businesses, for-profit companies and non-profit organizations (NPOs), institutes of higher education (IHEs), and others.
More information is available regarding specific opportunities on Grants.gov. Some opportunities may have pre-application or other submission requirements prior to the listed due date. Please check all opportunity documents.
Health & Human Services
- Department of Health and Human Services (including National Institutes of Health and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) has announced that funds may be available for Administrative Supplements to meet increased costs that are within the scope of the approved award.
- The CDC will make $560 million in emergency funding available.
- NIH has released a Notice of Special Interest regarding the Availability of Urgent Competitive Revisions for Research on the 2019 Novel Coronavirus to highlight the urgent need for research on the 2019 novel Coronavirus.
- FDA also is announcing its intent to accept and consider applications for the award of a co-operative agreement to protect and promote the health of the American public by creating new, applied scientific knowledge, tools, standards and approaches to evaluate products more effectively, predictably and efficiently.
Department of Energy
- The DOE has identified scientific and technical information supporting coronavirus and viral-related research.
- DOE has unique capabilities that the scientific community may leverage for the COVID-19 response and recovery. https://science.osti.gov/-/media/sc-1/pdf/COVID-19-letter.pdf
- The Medical CBRN Defense Consortium (MCDC) was formed in response to the Government's expressed interest to establish Other Transaction Agreement (OTA) with an eligible entity or group of entities, to include industry, academic, and not-for-profit partners, for advanced development efforts to support the Department of Defense's (DoD) medical pharmaceutical and diagnostic requirements as related to enhancing the mission effectiveness of military personnel. They developed an OTA addressing the COVID pandemic.
Federal Grant Tips:
Grants generally require organizations obtain a DUNS #, SAM.gov registration, and Grants.gov registration. These can take some time (several weeks to months). It is best to start the process immediately.
- How to register an organization, including DUNS, SAM, and Grants.gov registrations: https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/applicants/organization-registration.html
- How to Apply for Grants: Getting Started page: https://www.grants.gov/applicants/apply-for-grants.html
- 20 Tips to apply using Workspace: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGFGdxcteMU