Search for COVID-19 and Reopening Information Here
How can I get food or other essentials if I cannot leave my home?
If you are quarantined or in home isolation, do not leave your home.
There are several resources available to help you get food and other essentials:
- Many pharmacies and grocery stores offer delivery. Please use these services to the extent possible. A friend or relative may also be able to bring you the supplies you need.
- Local food banks may also be able to deliver to your home. Contact a food bank in your area and let them know about your situation. To find a local food bank, refer to this directory.
- Seniors unable to prepare their meals and have no family member, friend, neighbor or caregiver to help may be eligible for home-delivered meals. Contact your local Area Agencies on Aging for assistance.
- The New Jersey Division of Disability Services provides meals for individuals with permanent disabilities under the age of 60 living alone without support and who have an increased level of risk for serious or life-threatening complications if exposed to COVID-19. To see if you are eligible or to apply, please call 211.
- New Jerseyans enrolled in SNAP may also use their Families First EBT card to purchase eligible groceries online through Amazon, Walmart, ShopRite, and The Fresh Grocer. Under federal rules, SNAP benefits cannot be used to pay for delivery fees. Recipients can register their EBT card with Amazon at Amazon.com/SNAP. To learn more about their SNAP programs, visit Walmart, Shoprite, or The Fresh Grocer.
Those in need of food, cash, or other assistance, can learn about what programs are available and how to apply at New Jersey's official COVID-19 website.
If you are still experiencing difficulties, please call 211 for assistance.
Source: https://www.state.nj.us/education/topics/COVID19%20Frequently%20Asked%20Questions%20(FAQ)%20Related%20to%20School%20Emergency%20Preparedness%20Plans.pdf; https://www.nj211.org/resource-search/detail/67478633; https://www.state.nj.us/humanservices/doas/home/saaaa.html